When planning about remodeling your Calgary home, finding the right Home Renovator Calgary professional is one of the most important steps. You put the nitty-gritty details of the project aside and focus on getting a reputable company that knows how to take care of all your home renovation needs. How do you find the best contractor? Here are important things to remember:
1. Ask for referrals from friends and relatives. They will tell you of their experiences with their contractors and whether they can hire the same contractors again. Ask them what made their experiences positive so that you can know whether the home renovator suits your needs. This way you know how different contractors handle different problems.
2. Do some research by calling the recommended professionals or visiting the companies’ websites. Ensure that they have valid licenses from the relevant authorities along with designations from respective professional associations. Look at the what courses the renovators have undertaken. Serious professionals invest well in course work and pass rigorous tests to earn particular certifications.
3. Choose three among the recommended ones and interview them. The best way is by setting up meetings with each one of them at different times so that you can ask all the questions that you want and see how they answer them. If face to face meetings are not possible, you can interview them over the phone.
4. Check references. Request them to show you some of their projects, with the latest included. Call former customers and know how they were satisfied with their contractor’s services. Did they keep time and worked within budget? Is there anything that could have been done differently? The quality of the contractor’s service determines the outcome of the project. Home renovators that provide high-quality services have the following attributes:
– Possess a trustworthy reputation among peers and customers. They have a track record of success.
– They are properly trained and have earned professional designations.
– Have extensive experience in the service and thus prove to be reliable in handling your project.
– Are insured and carry insurance to protect customers from liability. They are also able to determine how much value the renovations will add to your home and help you to attain additional insurance from your provider.
– Have a permanent office in Calgary with a permanent mailing address, email, fax number, voicemail and cell phone number. They have an established presence in the community and a history of strong relationships with other contractors such as electricians and plumbers in Calgary.
5. The last thing to check before signing the contract is looking at the documents that the home renovator has prepared. They must look professional. The contract should be fair and balanced with specifics about the bid price and payment schedule, the scope of project, plan, an express limited warranty, dispute resolution procedure, change-order clause and the time frame. If everything checks out the way you would want it, hire the home renovator Calgary because you have gotten the right one.